A yeast infection starts when the population of yeast in our skin grows more than there normally is. Yeast loves warm, moist places and our body has a lot of these. Most susceptible to infections are our underarms, groin area, skin folds and mouth area.
How A Yeast Infection Looks Like
QuickTip: This results in a war, moist area in which yeast thrives. A yeast infection looks like a patch of flat red rashes that may eventually produce pus. Children feel itchy and a moderate to severe pain due to urine wetting the rash.
How a yeast infection looks like depends on which area of the body it is. If the yeast infection is in the skin folds like our armpits, areas at the backs of our knees and elbows, under breasts, under the ears and groin area these can look like a swollen patch of red skin. It can be very itchy and painful at the same time. Most can be treated by a topical application of a skin cream or lotion.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Tip: In the webs between the fingers and toes, a yeast infection looks like a dry patch of red skin that is very itchy.
In the case of a vaginal infection, a yeast infection looks like a red area which may swell a bit. There will be either a whitish discharge with the consistency of cottage cheese or a watery discharge accompanying the infection.
If the infection occurs in the oral cavity, a yeast infection looks like a whitish patch of milk curd on top a red patch of skin. Please do not try to take off or wipe off the whitish areas as these will bleed. The yeast infection might reach the other parts of the digestive organs, this will result in the white patches spreading until the esophagus. If a yeast infection looks like this already, it is best to bring the patient to the doctor because this makes swallowing a food and drinks very painful.
In the webs between the fingers and toes, a yeast infection looks like a dry patch of red skin that is very itchy. It is much like the others skin infections of our body. This is usually caused by sweaty hands and feet. The foot part is compounded by wearing socks that do not allow proper air circulation.
Babies and children also suffer from yeast infections because of continuous wearing of diapers. The diaper contains the air in the baby’s bottom and does not promote good air circulation. This results in a war, moist area in which yeast thrives. A yeast infection looks like a patch of flat red rashes that may eventually produce pus. Children feel itchy and a moderate to severe pain due to urine wetting the rash. To avoid this, it is ideal to change the diaper once it has been wet.
Hint: The diaper contains the air in the baby’s bottom and does not promote good air circulation.
- Yeast Infection MedicineWhen you have a yeast infection often times the only treatment option is yeast infection medicine. It is important to visit your physician any time your vaginal infection symptoms are different from usual since there are many different types of yeast infections. If you have a common infection you may be able to find an over the counter yeast infection medicine that works well enough without having to visit a doctor during every infection.
- Types Of Yeast InfectionsIt is important that people know every different type of yeast infection. While you may never get one, it is always good to be educated on the subject. These types of yeast infections can cause pain in people of all ages and can be found in many different areas on the body. By knowing what the different types of yeast infections are, you will be better suited to know what is going on with your body.
- Yeast Infection And Food And CureCan I Cure My Yeast Infection with Food?I understand that candida, the fungi responsible for yeast infections, is a naturally occurring flora in the human body. Also, I understand that it experiences growth spurts when the natural bacteria in the mucous of the vagina is depleted due to antibiotics or other reasons. Since these are naturally occurring flora in the body, is it possible to cure my yeast infection with food rather than medications?
- Oral Yeast InfectionAn oral yeast infection isn’t as well known as a vaginal yeast infection, but the same fungi causes both infections. An oral yeast infection will have a burning and painful irritation similar to the vaginal yeast infection. Additional symptoms may be a craving for sugar and other carbohydrates while there is a digestive distress as well.
- Yeast Infection Abdominal TreatmentHelp for Yeast Infections with Abdominal TreatmentsYeast infections only create symptoms in the vagina or in the mouth of those who are immune compromised, very young or very old—right? Wrong. Occasionally, yeast infections can cause symptoms as far away from the genital area as the abdomen and back. This is particularly possible when a mild form of candida overgrowth is left untreated and can heighten the symptoms to include abdominal and back pain.